Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Podcast: update - Powerpoint-OPML & Barry White

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Podcast: update - Powerpoint-OPML & Barry White

The draft for the first cast is now complete and finished @ 2,800 words. The stock market should take note of this, because the drug companies are in for a hiding. Hypnotics they don't know the first thing!

Well I hope it isn't gong to be that bad. There's no way I can do this without a script - and some tools. Realising I'll have more content than just the audio file made me wonder about being able to produce a package of sorts:

1. Outline of cast - Powerpoint slides
2. The audio file
3. The full podcast notes

I came across a 5 minute video by Laura Bergelis that may be worth a look for you too? You provide the Powerpoint presentation and it shows how to convert this to OPML (Outline Processor Markup Language) an outline format. The OPML code has the audio file included, although when I tried this is missing.

In the 'studio' practising I turned the treble down to get rid of the background hiss, at first I thought it was an advance audience with pre-cognition. Problem then though I sound like Barry White. Hey, I know that's no bad thing and yes I luuuvvvv nursing, but this is serious and fun... On a slightly critical note (which figures) I still don't know where on Earth to host this - I'm sure I haven't got the bandwidth - any ideas anyone?