Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Free book, part-time enthusiasts and the damage done!

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Monday, January 21, 2008

Free book, part-time enthusiasts and the damage done!

Using Dreamweaver I've been correcting more of the missing 'top of page' links. I'm still using 'top' as the name which is a no-no according to one book. Validating the HTML and all the 'font' tags showed up. What a mess!

Many people still include these tags in their web sites. My pages also include reference to a CSS-style file; so the 'font' tags really are superfluous. Some are there purely to add colour, but I want to strip the pages down, then assess the content:

  • Keep and revise/update
  • Keep but archive
  • Delete (quick!)
I've ordered jQuery in Action and had some good news regards another forthcoming book title next month:

Care of the good people at PACKT Publishing I'm in line for a free pre-order copy of David Mercer's new book:
Building powerful and robust websites with Drupal 6

In return I have to complete a review, which I'll post here and on Amazon. I'm really looking forward to this title and doing a review from the perspective of a Drupal beginner and with the new website for Hodges' model in mind.