Do you know of a clinically qualified NHS leader with a proven track record in quality improvement?
Do they have the potential to drive change and promote quality at a high level?
The Health Foundation's Quality Improvement Fellowships are now open for applications. Fellows will have an opportunity to spend a year in the USA working with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, studying the best international practice in quality improvement.
The fellowship includes:
- participation in the clinical effectiveness programme at the Harvard School of Public Health
- a personalised programme of taught and interactive learning at IHI
- active participation in the leadership teams for key IHI initiatives
- significant involvement in authorship and publication of research and improvement work
- strategic planning sessions to enable effective integration of a fellow's learning to better meet the needs of their home organisation
The Health Foundation will provide fellows with an allowance to support relocation, travel, visa and and USA healthcare costs, as well as replacement staff costs for their employing organisations.
Who can apply?
We are looking for senior NHS leaders who are clinically qualified and have a strong track record of achievement in the field of quality improvement.
Applicants must have the enthusiasm and potential to promote quality improvement nationally and to build organisational capability to drive quality improvement to higher levels of performance.
Please pass this information on to individuals who may be interested in applying.
The deadline for applications is 16 October 2009.
Visit Quality Improvement Fellowships or email awards@health. org.uk to find out more.