Second IEEE Workshop on
Interdisciplinary Research on E-health Services and Systems
June 14, 2010: Montreal, QC Canada
PAPER SUBMISSION EXTENDED DEADLINE: 6 March, 2010
(Edited for length please see website)
In the last few years advances in wearable computing, bioengineering, wireless sensors networks, mobile devices and wireless communications have paved the way to new definitions of e-health systems, moving from original telemedicine systems to the integration of existent specialized medical technologies with pervasive technologies. However, even more work on this area is needed to obtain significant results in improving the Quality of Life of patients and reducing medical errors and costs. First of all, a strict interaction and cooperation among medical specialists and ICT experts is necessary to define correct requirements fore-health systems. Then, in order to effectively design and deploy reliable E-health systems, a strong cooperation among several diverse research areas of ICT is necessary (i.e., bioengineering, wearable sensors, wireless communications, data fusion and processing, decision support systems and others). This is fundamental to make E-health systems a reality, satisfying main requirements of reliability and effectiveness both all the involved perspectives perspective.
IREHSS aims to provide a forum for the interaction of experts belonging to these different research areas, from wearable computing and ubiquitous connectivity to context-awareness, sensor data fusion, artificial
intelligence, expert systems, databases, security and privacy. The main objective is to provide a forum for the interaction of these multiple areas as an important chance to discuss and understand what aspects have to be considered to provide effective E-health systems.
Authors are invited to submit papers presenting new research related to E-health, not published or currently under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Wearable and Implantable sensors for healthcare
- Wireless communications in healthcare
- Service and device discovery
- Data fusion and context elaboration
- Privacy and security issues in healthcare
- Middleware for e-health
- Energy Efficiency in health monitoring
- Artificial intelligence and expert systems
- User interface, usability and acceptability of e-health systems
- Healthcare applications for clinicians
- Home monitoring and ambient assisted applications for healthcare
- Power Management and energy-efficient design in Wireless Body Area Networks
- System architecture and networking protocols for e-health systems
- Medical data analysis, measurements and management
- Modeling and performance evaluation
- Semantic Web in Healthcare
- Standards and frameworks
The submission will be entirely managed through EDAS (http://edas.info/N8548).
Papers registration EXTENDED : March 3, 2010
Papers submission EXTENDED deadline: March 6, 2010
Acceptance Notification: April 5, 2010
Camera Ready deadline: April 20, 2010.
See http://www.irehss.org/irehss2010/ for additional information or
contact the workshop organizers at irehss2010-chairs at iit.cnr.it .
Eleonora Borgia, IIT-CNR, Italy
Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation (JNER, http://jneuroengrehab.com )
IEEE Int. Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM 2010)