Does anyone have any experience in using established models of reflection in:
- education (nursing, public health, information technology)
- carer support
- ... ?
In its initial downloaded state Drupal has two content types:
- and page.
You can also roll your own. A key content type for the new site is one that uses the health career model to facilitate - reflection - one of the original purposes for the model.
This also provides an opportunity to adopt a model of reflection that is itself supported by research. This may be Gibbs:
- Stage 1: Description of the event
- Stage 2: Feelings and Thoughts (Self awareness)
- Stage 3: Evaluation
- Stage 4: Analysis
- Stage 5: Conclusion (Synthesis)
- Stage 6: Action Plan
- Aesthetics – the art of what we do, our own experiences
- Personal – self awareness
- Ethics – moral knowledge
- Empirics – scientific
- with its Cue Questions
- Inform (Analysis)
- Confront (Self awareness)
- Reconstruct (Evaluation and Synthesis)
Once the hedgehog-headlights glare has passed, this is going to be a really interesting project. There must be a way to link one (or more) of the above with each of h2cm's care (knowledge) domains. There must be a way to create a first version that can be extended and support other content types. The possibilities are really exciting - hence the glare (reflected of course!).
Some reflection sources: