Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Help wanted: Broken links (and help upstairs)

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Help wanted: Broken links (and help upstairs)

Periodically on W2tQ I highlight the four care domain links pages, e.g.:

http://hodges-model.blogspot.com/2009/06/heroes-wanted-to-slay-monster-or-just.html
http://hodges-model.blogspot.com/2010/02/topicscape-care-domain-links-in-3d-for.html


Simon Phillips emailed me, copied below: (edited removing the actual broken links)
------------------
Peter,

I am writing to notify you of a small issue that I have just found on one of the pages of p-jones.demon.co.uk

http://www.p-jones.demon.co.uk/links.htm

There seems to be a number of broken links on this page. These are the links that I found were not working:

  • Nat. MH Info Center Substance Abuse and MH Services Admin. (SAMHSA)
  • Systematic Reviews: Centre for Reviews and Dissemination
  • Advancing literacy: A review of LIFE 2006–2009 UNESCO
  • Wearable Computer Lab
  • Keldy Forest
Obviously it is not a particularly great user experience when the links of a website don’t work, which is why I thought I would bring this to your attention. I trust you will be able to fix this issue soon.

Thanks for taking the time to read this email and for creating such a useful website.

Kind regards
Simon Phillips
-----------------

Simon runs a website about stair lifts, which provides information on choosing a stair lift and a comparison table of UK stair lift manufacturers.

In response I've corrected the links. I do check them with some automated tools, but as mentioned since 1998... they have become something of a monster. Considering the total number the vast majority are valid.

Before you all dash to check and get in touch :-) which would be greatly appreciated, please note that I can't necessarily respond to all such contacts in this way - but I can see what I can do ...

Many Thanks Simon!