NW England: 25th Apr - Help shape the future of the NHS: calling all students and professionals MBITS
At a recent health 2.0 meeting in Manchester, Sophie Dawes spoke about an initiative and meeting this Thursday evening.
I can't attend but offered to help spread the word so ... if you are in the NW.
Even if you are not 'local' is this something you could try...?
Medical Business Innovation & Technology Society (MBITS) is a new student society that will be hosting its launch event!
Title: Help shape the future of the NHS: calling all students and professionals
*FREE ENTRY AND FREE FOOD*
Tickets are LIMITED - sign up on eventbite for FREE and receive free entry into the Virgin Active prize draw.
http://mbits.eventbrite.co.uk/ Date: 25th April Time: Registration opens at 6.15pm, talks start at 6.30pm. Venue: Uni Place Theatre A In association with: Manchester Medical School, Professor Freemont and Professor Townsend
The DOH have stated that innovation will play a key part in the future of the NHS. Could you be the next inventor? Have an idea you need help to develop/problem you want to solve? Want to start your own biomedical/medical business? Come and meet with like-minded individuals that could help make this a reality.
This event is open to anyone with a passion to improve patient care, not just medics! The event will cover:
- The importance of innovation and business in healthcare
- The role of medical company spin-offs
- Effective leadership and management in the medical industry
- The innovation process
- What is Intellectual property?
1. Professor Townsend: (Associate Dean for Business Engagement in the Health Faculties) http://www.manchester.ac.uk/aboutus/news/display/?id=9169
2. Professor Freemont: (Head of Manchester Medical School)
3. Dr Magee (Chief Operating Officer at MAHSC): http://www.mhs.manchester.ac.uk/staff/LindaMagee/
4. Dr Maughfling: (UMIP) http://umip.com/umip-employees/
5. Dr John New (MIMIT site miner) http://www.spirehealthcare.com/manchester/our-facilities-treatments-and-consultants/our-consultants/dr-john-new/ : covering MIMIT and the innovation process
6. Mr Bibhas Roy (Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon – who pioneered PROMs 2.0): http://www.cmft.nhs.uk/trafford-hospitals/our-services/orthopaedics/mr-bibhas-roy.aspx
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about this important topic and socialise with like-minded individuals.
- Free entry
- Free food and drink
- Great chance to network with other students and professional
- Certificate of attendance for portfolio