C/o of a former colleague now at Huddersfield University and the MHHE mailing list respectively, I've been aware of two learning opportunities ("up North") for quite some time and thought I would share these here:
Today there was a masterclass on Mindfulness, Compassion, Life Story Work and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and the Older Person
Whilst this is too late, it should be repeated and the combination of CBT, older adults, long term conditions and pain are key knowledge themes to pass on - as needed - to the residential and nursing home care sectors. There are many other CPD courses including:
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Older People - January 2014, 30 Master's level credits
Bradford Dementia Group is now recruiting for a part-time PG Cert in Dementia Studies available by open and distance learning.
- Our courses are part-time, flexible and delivered by distance learning, addressing the needs of adult learners who are combining study with busy work and home life.
- Our Experts by Experience panel (Individuals and families affected by dementia) are involved in teaching, assessment and programme management.
- Learning materials are developed in house by members of the course team; all of whom are research active and in regular contact with individuals and organisations committed to improving the quality of life for people affected by dementia.
- We recognise that our learners are adults with a wealth of practical experience and skills to bring to the field of dementia studies
- Building on the work of the founder of Bradford Dementia Group, Professor Tom Kitwood, our courses continue to promote a holistic, person-centred and bio-psycho-social model of dementia.