Deadline: November 15th, 2015
Awareness and reflection are viewed differently across the disciplines informing technology-enhanced learning (including CSCW, psychology, educational sciences and computer science).
Considering the multitude of views on awareness and reflection distributed over a wide range of disciplines, we are aiming to present a special issue in which answers to the following questions can be found:
- How can awareness and reflection support learning in different settings (work, education, continuing professional development, lifelong learning, etc.)?
- What are the roles that technology can play in these contexts to support awareness and reflection for learning?
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Theoretical discussion of awareness and reflection in TEL and related concepts (e.g. collaborative learning, creativity techniques, experiential learning, etc.)
- Methodologies to identify, study and analyse awareness and reflection in the context of (technology-enhanced) learning (quantitative and qualitative methods, learning analytics, visualisations, etc.)
- Empirical studies about technology support for awareness and reflection
- Technology (design, application, evaluation) supporting awareness and reflection
- Designing awareness and reflection in TEL applications and processes
- Using awareness and reflection support to enhance the learning experience
- Awareness of social context, knowledge, artefacts and processes
- Awareness and reflection in specific contexts, such as higher education, work-integrated learning, learning networks, etc.
Deadline is November 15th, 2015.
Kind regards, and looking forward to your submission,
Milos Kravcik, Alexander Mikroyannidis, Michael Prilla and Thomas Ullman
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
open-education mailing list
open-education AT lists.okfn.org