- provides a space devoted to the conceptual framework known as Hodges' model. Read about this resource for HEALTH, SOCIAL CARE, INFORMATICS and EDUCATION. The model can facilitate PERSON-CENTREDNESS, CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT, HOLISTIC CARE and REFLECTION. Follow the development of a new website using Drupal as I finalise my research question with part 2 starting in 2016. See our bibliography, posts since 2006 and please get in touch [@h2cm]. Welcome.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Drupal 8: The stars align

Drupal 8 Release Candidate 1
Drupal 8 Release Candidate 1

I don't believe in astrology, I do it in the dark.

Amateur astronomy that is, looking at real stars. The N summer triangle is still up there (2130 BST) holding on...

The conjunctions I'm familiar with are mostly celestial but there are a couple of late that make me wonder.

The first is that Drupal 8 is now at RC 1, that is, release candidate 1 status.

There is a slide presentation on what Drupal 8 can offer:


Another coincidental event is the passing of the old website 1998 - Sept 2015. Demon had been closing down operations as a hosting provider for several years 5-10 years even. In truth though as webmaster I know the site was past its sell-by-date as it was first published: static with no database, no real means of engagement, no styling, no information architecture, no interaction and without a coherent plan and attitude towards SEO and advertising. This has to change with any new site.

I jumped onboard Drupal seeing it at version 4.7 as capable of heavy lifting. As I finalise my research question and project for the next 3 years I hope that Drupal 8 will feature in my stars.

Stumble Upon Toolbar