Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Drupal - update: users, roles, content and permissions

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Drupal - update: users, roles, content and permissions

I just thought I'd provide an update on the new site.

There's still nothing new on the hosting account. I managed to update on localhost from 8.5.0 to 8.5.3. As I went to the Manchester Drupal Sprint two weekends ago I had a couple of errors. Webform was proving awkward but that was probably me the way I tried to remove it in order to update. It appears there have been some problems, but switching on "Logging and errors" I had more errors that weekend and working through with advice and support at the Sprint things resolved!

Poking around has been really useful and thus far I've not had to start from scratch. Webform is updated but I realised previously I have only scratched the module's surface. Then there is Paragraphs! This is the challenge with Drupal and the range of modules available as explained at DrupalCon Nashville. I know, I know, I've picked up pen and paper and am fleshing out users, roles, content and permissions. This is a distraction. There has always been help available - that's the Drupal community. I've someone to chat with now and looking forward to updating Richard and help to get the new site live. Richard was at Szeged my first Drupalcon in 2008. I remember the advice of Chris, Dan and James back then and Phil, Nathan and others since: Just do it!

So I can't keep scribbling on paper - or here...