My source: MHHE list
Invitation to the Launch of reVision (formerly The Joint Forum)
We are a coalition of radical activists who believe in the social model of mental health.
We are seeking to be a voice for change by promoting and exploring knowledge and understandings of the social, economic and political causes of mental distress, and by proposing socially derived alternatives to medicalised approaches.
Our vision is a society in which the social causes of mental distress are understood and treated with socially based solutions that improve individual lives and bring about wider social change.
We are launching our organisation on Thursday 20th on September 2012
At Liverpool John Moores University, Room 5.04, Avril Robarts, 79 Tithebarn Street,
Liverpool, L2 2ER from 1.00 to 4.00pm
We will be welcoming new members to the organisation at the launch, and are looking for people who seek radical alternatives to psychiatry and who have a critical, political understanding of the social causes of mental distress.
Our keynote speakers will be:
- Helen Spandler, member of Asylum and contributer to Critical Psychiatry
- Malcolm Kinney, Senior Lecturer in Mental Health Social Work: LJMU
- Phil O’Hare, Senior Lecturer: School of Social Work: UCLAN
- Naphtali Titus Chondol, mental health activist
- Jackie Patiniotis, freelance researcher with a particular interest in women’s mental health and working to end violence against women and girls
Please email revision.liverpool at hotmail.co.uk to confirm your attendance.