- provides a space devoted to the conceptual framework known as Hodges' model. Read about this resource for HEALTH, SOCIAL CARE, INFORMATICS and EDUCATION. The model can facilitate PERSON-CENTREDNESS, CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT, HOLISTIC CARE and REFLECTION. Follow the development of a new website using Drupal as I finalise my research question with part 2 starting in 2016. See our bibliography, posts since 2006 and please get in touch [@h2cm]. Welcome.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Italian IBM employees on strike on Second Life & VR in Nursing: an (old) story

I've been interested in Virtual Reality since TRON as this blog suggests, but just have not had the real-world time to get to grips with SECOND LIFE and other virtual worlds.

I came across this post from Loïc Le Meur - serial entrepreneur & blogger. It's quite a RW - VR development:

Italian IBM employees on strike on Second Life

In the UK (and elsewhere) is this a way for workers especially in the public sector - prisons (which hit UK news this past week) and health to take action without as Loïc Le Meur's post explains holding anyone hostage?

<->

This seems really corny now, but back in 1991 I wrote a 'story' on VR in nursing:


A short story subtitled:

"... LISTEN NURSE, I’M SEVENTY NINE, YOU’RE EIGHTEEN -
YOU CAN’T SEE MY PROBLEMS"

As a student on my first ward 1977-1978 I remembered what an elderly lady said to me ... wish I could remember my response...

Stumble Upon Toolbar