Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Italian IBM employees on strike on Second Life & VR in Nursing: an (old) story

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Italian IBM employees on strike on Second Life & VR in Nursing: an (old) story

I've been interested in Virtual Reality since TRON as this blog suggests, but just have not had the real-world time to get to grips with SECOND LIFE and other virtual worlds.

I came across this post from Loïc Le Meur - serial entrepreneur and blogger. It's quite a RW - VR development:

Italian IBM employees on strike on Second Life
In the UK (and elsewhere) is this a way for workers especially in the public sector - prisons (which hit UK news this past week) and health to take action without as Loïc Le Meur's post explains holding anyone hostage?

<->

This seems really corny now, but back in 1991 I wrote a 'story' on VR in nursing:

A short story subtitled:
"... LISTEN NURSE, I’M SEVENTY NINE, YOU’RE EIGHTEEN -
YOU CAN’T SEE MY PROBLEMS"

As a student on my first ward 1977-1978 I remembered what an elderly lady said to me ... wish I could remember my response...