Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Reflections on Drupal Denver theme

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Reflections on Drupal Denver theme

Customising Drupal themes is a central skill in the Drupal and other communities. The number of contributed and updated themes are a great testimony to the specific expertise people develop. In tackling a project Drupal developers put a team together across the spectrum of required skills and this includes someone proficient with themes.

I want the new site to look different and reflect the unique structure and content of Hodges' model, but I don't want to spend all my time grinding a mirror for the telescope. I want to be out there observing - even if that's just with binoculars and the naked eye.

I've found the Denver theme quite appealing in its simplicity and functionality:


If you click&check the above image in detail you'll see I need to sort the banner (transparent?) another image would be preferred. There are several menus too: the tabs, left and right side bars plus breadcrumb trails. I've finally defined a new site within Dreamweaver [MX], so I can also focus on the style sheet(s).

Wouldn't you know it - I just checked and Denver isn't currently listed as a Drupal 6 theme. Forever a realist - this is always going to be an issue so ....