vi WCCS26: World Conference on Complex Systems 20-22nd April
April and WCCS26 seems an age ago, but the motivational impetus provided by this experience has been ongoing.
![]() |
At the closing ceremony there was an award for the best paper which was awarded to Luis Comolli for:
Emergence in Designed Agroecosystems:
Collective Dynamics in a Perennial Multi-Species Agroforestry Network
Sat by Luis, I offered to take his photo to which he agreed - so better late than never! And: Well done Luis!
My presentation on the 21st April was part of:
Parallel Session 2
Track 1 - Agent-Based and Social Complexity
Session chair: Helena Knyazeva
▪ Peter Jones
Presenting a Universal and Simple Conceptual Workbench to Situate and Encompass Complexity
▪ Nisrine Jarmoune and Bouchra Lebzar
The Ontology of Behavior: Formalizing the Institutional Project as a Complex System
▪ Lionel Scotto d’Apollonia, Florian Charvolin, Lise Verlaet, Deborah Nourrit, Dominique Deveaux, Elisabeth Sénégas and Nourdine Bara
Participatory Action Research with and for Society: The Case of “Oasis of Fraternity”
▪ Harvey Spencer Sánchez-Restrepo, Jorge Louçã, Martha Belén Carmona-Soto and Sofialeticia Morales-Garza
Topological Patterns of Academic Success: Insights from Complex Network Analysis
To be clear there was a great deal in all the sessions. I noticed in Nisrine Jarmoune's presentation, however, more specific conceptual overlap in terms of the individual, collective - groups, behaviour and institutions, with reference to ontology and philosophy. Several mathematical concepts also arose and since April online discussion has proved very interesting. In the near future I hope to report on how ideas develop and may be taken further, both for Nisrine's PhD studies and my work on Hodges' model.
More details to follow.
I have noticed the main website for WCCS appears to be unavailable? I will check.


orcid.org/0000-0002-0192-8965

