Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Nursing Times and mind mapping: All my slides are packed, I'm ready to go...

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Monday, July 02, 2007

Nursing Times and mind mapping: All my slides are packed, I'm ready to go...

This Saturday I leave for the Society for Philosophy and Technology Conference in Charleston, SC. Still awaiting news regards funding with £200 gratefully received thus far.

I'm really looking forward to this, not just being able to contribute, but listening to the other presentations. Must admit that after the weather here in the UK, warmer climes will be most welcome.

The past week's Nursing Times included a feature on mind mapping in research. I haven't checked the full paper, but in NT noticed two references to Buzan (1997 and 2003).

I'm keen to differentiate h2cm from mind mapping, even though of course there are a lot of similarities.

I wonder if Hodges' model gets a mention in the full paper? If not then of course other people realise h2cm isn't about mind mapping!

The reason why I ask (beyond the obvious) is that for many people models of nursing are old-hat. When were they really in fashion? The 80s...

When did Buzan's mind mapping arrive? I think 'Use your Head' aired on TV in the 70s, early 80s...? My Library thing includes books written by Buzan in the 80s and one or two from the 70s.

Maybe it really is time to move on?

So looking forward to the (relaunch of) semantic web Community too!