Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Drupal - update: a blast from the past!

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Drupal - update: a blast from the past!

I scratched (blew up) the draft Drupal site - for the umpteenth time - some five-six weeks ago. It did not take long to be back up and 'core' refreshed. As I build the content I keep saving them. It's just the the three archive pages. I've not resurrected the timeline, but get the gist now. The spreadsheet with the content is there when / if needed. The conclusion of this is that well into our summer and yes, the focus drifted again.

Off the Gosport ferry 1977... 2018
Perhaps, it's the hot-for-us summer and the World Cup? The presentation at the UKSS conference is now completed and discovering another very learned community. That trip to Portsmouth provided for some reminiscence of train - ferry and walks made 41 years earlier. It's not just the NHS that sees change. While Gosport has been in the news of late for all the wrong reasons; the trip was an opportunity to reflect and revisit a brief but key experience of my teenage years. What if... indeed...

I'm clearer about the draft paper on threshold concepts, deprivation of liberty safeguarding and Hodges' model. That paper may have found a home at last, but as two papers not one. I've pushed that revision division back to late summer - autumn. Reading for the next book review is proving really enjoyable. The book will accompany me to London this weekend for the RIPEN workshop tomorrow. I've responded to the virtual learning environment invitation and - for my prep - answered the workshop's four questions against Hodges' model of course. After the workshop there's an exhibition to head for in the early evening.

As for Drupal, I've been using Composer and trying to solve some of the errors that 'Status Report' reveals. Now at least d3.js and highlight.js are resolved. CDN warnings have been turned off. The constant push that is Drupal has moved on to 8.5.5 with a message today about September 5th release for 8.6. Maybe I should wait, but the practice, the practice..! I'm not going to Drupal Europe much as I might like, I've not earned the stripes. I am looking f/w to grappling once again. I need to find the modules that are key to the new site so that I can reward - encourage myself with something tangible and upload (something!!).