Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Out of hand ...

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Monday, January 02, 2023

Out of hand ...

This blog is a pain, as is twitter.

I've known for ages -

H2CM new website - A short-form project brief

Twitter on hold: Blog a trickle ... 

Dries! I promise ...  (Sorry!)

I've known since the start of W2tQ back in April 2006. The web - software is change.
 
Blogging and twitter are a distraction.
 
The blog has helped to frame ideas. I can see now though (hindsight eh!), how unprepared I was in 2014 for a PhD, not just financially (self-funded), but having a question. I've had a project since 1988, but what's the Question?
 
People get in touch (SPAM reaches the inbox) with web design, SEO service offers. They point to how 'ill' my website / blog is. No website/blog are specified, no business address, details, there's a personal/business name that doesn't reflect the email signature.

I know that 'analysis' of the blog reveals a pile of errors, missed opportunities. And, yes; there is a much better online solution to drive income ...?

So, after the past year and especially last month, 2023 will be much much quieter on W2tQ. What will be posted?
  • Book 'reviews'
  • Quotes, insights from books I'm clearing as relates to Hodges' model
  • Occasional timely insights from press / media*
  • Conferences, Calls for papers, Journal news
  • Q&A with other people about h2cm; critique of the model (well you never know!)
  • Update on draft papers, and new citations

So, yes similar threads but the volume must be much, much less.

Twitter will likewise be less, but that doesn't mean - like many - I'm running elsewhere.

I'll be reading, writing, drawing 👍, following webinars and specific YouTube sessions ... studying and will pick up Drupal, github and Pharo. There's a hosting account to put to work, or at least experiment with. Over the past year my thinking about Hodges' model has (imho) progressed. I'm quite excited about what might follow. I'm also daunted, by the dual challenges of the 'development stack' (Drupal is at version 10 and counting...) on the one hand, and logic - relational analysis on the other.

Many thanks for your interest thus far.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
 
*Oh gee! I replied to a thread on #HIFA yesterday and tweeted this a.m.. It would be remiss of me not to pick this up, so post to follow soon.