Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: 'LA Gun Club' (2016) by Jane Hilton

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Thursday, February 29, 2024

'LA Gun Club' (2016) by Jane Hilton

intent - maximum damage - social/vicarious trauma - policy fatigue(s)

Individual

   |
      INTERPERSONAL    :     SCIENCES               
HUMANISTIC  --------------------------------------  MECHANISTIC      
 SOCIOLOGY  :   POLITICAL 
|
Group










With thanks to Jane Hilton

https://www.palogallery.com/exhibitions/35-la-gun-club-jane-hilton/overview/

Top left: intra- interpersonal
Target E. Age: 26. Occupation: Architecture student. Gun: Smith & Wesson .44 Magnum revolver.
"I wanted to use the same gun as Clint Eastwood used in the movie Dirty Harry."

Top right: sciences
Target G. Age: 37. Occupation: Range master for a gun club. Gun: Beretta 92 FS 9mm pistol.
"I have the perfect job. I own many guns, I just love looking at them. I'm not bothered about shooting them. My favourite is the Kimber Warrior because it shoots large bullets."

Bottom left: sociology
Target A. Age: 35. Occupation: Federal security. Gun: Glock 22 .40 caliber pistol.
"I cannot believe I shot that hostage's ear on my target. I learnt to shoot when I was in the military Marine Corps infantry."

Bottom right: political
Target H. Age: 32. Occupation: Stay at home Mom. Guns: Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum revolver, Beretta 9mm pistol and Colt 5.56mm rifle (shooter's own).
"I own all 3 guns I used to shoot my target. Me and my husband go to different gun clubs all the time."

My source:
Alexander James, SNAPSHOT: 'LA Gun Club' (2016) by Jane Hilton. FT Weekend, Life&Arts, 17-18 February 2024. p.19.