Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Drupalcon Paris 2009: my sessions plan

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Drupalcon Paris 2009: my sessions plan

As followers of h2cm on Twitter will know at the moment I am in Paris attending the European Drupalcon for 2009. I can't believe that 12 months ago I was leaving Szeged after Drupalcon 2008. You on the other hand probably can't believe that there's still no new site for Hodges' model. Well I am in no real hurry and I am enjoying the journey - literally at present.

Today, for me and other 'non-coders' there is a drupalcamp with impromptu yet very interesting talks (e.g. Google Wave and a Ruby gem for Drupal!). Tomorrow things kick off proper and here are some of the sessions I plan to attend:

Dries - The State of Drupal

webchick - Drupal 7 Status Update and Next Steps

weitzman - Explore the glory of Drupal 7's improved render and theming systems

Crell - Views 2 for developers

Benjamin Melançon - Taxonomy Everywhere: D7 Core Overhaul and the Expanding Contrib Universe
or -
yoroy - Communicating design - Sketching your way to understanding

twom - Basics of making a mobile website with Drupal
or -
bjaspan - Intro to the Field API for Module Developers
or -
fago -Rules: How to leverage rule-based automation on your sites!

Just like other streamed conferences it is hard to decide what to follow and this is just one day!