Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: 'Slugfields Luxury Prison' c/o Isabel Rock - artist

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Sunday, January 14, 2024

'Slugfields Luxury Prison' c/o Isabel Rock - artist

"In November 2022, I spent a month on remand at HMP Bronzefield for my part in the Just Stop Oil protests on the M25. I was happy to go to prison for something I know is morally right. Drawing in prison became my saviour against the monotony. I rarely draw from life anymore, but we were given a little notebook in our 'welcome' bags of grey tracksuits, pastel pants and toothbrush." p.19.
"This drawing is Slugfields Luxury Prison, (152×120cm) the institutional blue doors, plastic chairs, toilet in the corner and the panoptican architecture mirror that of Bronzefields. It's not quite finished yet, but it's been a cathartic experience to draw some of my thoughts on prison life and incarceration by the state." Instagram (and image source).

INDIVIDUAL
  |
     INTERPERSONAL    :     SCIENCES               
HUMANISTIC --------------------------------------  MECHANISTIC      
SOCIOLOGY  :   POLITICAL 
|


Rock, I., 'Drawn Behind Bars' 
PRINTMAKING TODAY, Autumn 2023, Cello Press Ltd. Volume 32, Issue 127, p.19-21.

With thanks to Isabel Rock.