Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Two papers and a Conference

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Saturday, July 03, 2021

Two papers and a Conference

However much I try to multitask the result is illusory. Writing projects are many and the status of most is stalled*. Even those 'active' such as the SDG paper that combines Hodges' model, public health, specifically nutrition is on a sister journal and still awaiting word from the reviewers and editorial team. Where the paper remains active for me is that since last summer I've had the assistance of a co-author. This really does make a difference.

 Another paper I've posted about is the two-part draft [4400 Words / 46 Refs :: 4700 Words / 37 Refs] on:

  • Threshold Concepts
  • Hodges' model 
  • Liberty Protection Safeguarding (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding - DoLS)
  • Residential Care and Nursing Homes

Before the renewed focus on the SDG effort, the TC paper benefited from feedback (which will be acknowledged). Putting it down (yet again), it seemed a much more complete draft. Now, as the themes suggest, post-Covid, another revision-pass is merited. In compensation, as I find with Hodges' model and  each new year, the two-part paper's focus is even more relevant.

Next week I will once again share Hodges' model with a community of practice. Postponed from July 2020:

TC2020: 8TH BIENNIAL THRESHOLD CONCEPTS CONFERENCE, 2021

I wish I had data to back up and support the paper. I have routinely used Hodges' model implicitly in this care context as a community mental health nurse. Once again the work is descriptive. Before COVID struck, I was planning to address this and will as soon as possible. Now, I've sixteen slides to complete.

*Don't mention the website!