Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Magical thinking and topographic tapestries

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Magical thinking and topographic tapestries

I had a job interview yesterday.
The news came through today - I didn't make the grade.

It was close, with some really useful feedback, which I have acted upon.

With 10 applicants I'd already done well: I was 1 of 4 candidates on the day.

Yes, yes, I can see the irony.

For many people(s) four is not a lucky number and there was I thinking - 2/4/8 (so USA).

Driving around the various communities as a community mental health nurse, I wish I could see the totality of the journeys taken over the years? I've looked occasionally down the lanes and roads still untravelled - and wondered:

Is there a referral in the near future,
that will begin a journey that will complete the maze
I'm otherwise bound to follow?

Maybe I'm just very lucky (privileged) to be doing what I do....

Take care on your travels, wherever they take you .... magical thinking