Hodges' Model: Welcome to the QUAD: Reminder: Socio-Technical Structures in Nursing Informatics

Hodges' model is a conceptual framework to support reflection and critical thinking. Situated, the model can help integrate all disciplines (academic and professional). Amid news items, are posts that illustrate the scope and application of the model. A bibliography and A4 template are provided in the sidebar. Welcome to the QUAD ...

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Reminder: Socio-Technical Structures in Nursing Informatics

Several other people and I received an e-mail yesterday - a reminder that a book chapter was a day late. (Wish that reminder had arrived a month ago - oh well.) I knew the deadline was nearing and with 4,500 drafted words I'm far from finished. The Hodges-Serres chapter will be published next year, and that was rejected in its initial form, so....

The subject of this effort - socio-technical structures - is a bit like playing Pooh sticks.

You see I'm standing on the bridge at the centre of Hodges' model on the I-G axis - and I can see the H-M concepts flow by underneath. Well, it's only a bit like Pooh sticks because sometimes the flow is tidal, and at others it is just plain weird. Walking home from Rivington in the dark, warm as much from having more writing under my belt as just having had a coffee - in my mind's eye on the bridge - I realised I was surrounded...

Tolerance and persistence were on both sides and heading my way.

Ideas are one thing, but writing something that is relevant, coherent and finds favour with editors is another, it's fun trying though...