- provides a space devoted to the conceptual framework known as Hodges' model. Read about this resource for HEALTH, SOCIAL CARE, INFORMATICS and EDUCATION. The model can facilitate PERSON-CENTREDNESS, CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT, HOLISTIC CARE and REFLECTION. Follow the development of a new website using Drupal as I finalise my research question with part 2 starting in 2016. See our bibliography, posts since 2006 and please get in touch [@h2cm]. Welcome.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

CVS aware Drupal 6 - gotcha!

Using TortoiseCVS (I believe) I have just (literally) installed a CVS aware version of Drupal 6 which fittingly has been released today.

Along the way I used a few different resources including this video, but this specific page on TortoiseCVS helped clinch it:

http://drupal.org/node/22293

It's cool having read in Pro Drupal Development about CVS and how extra CVS folders are created, then to see them on my PC. All the Drupal 6 folders and file icons also have green ticks, except for the CVS folders (I hope that's a good sign!). There are several 'tests' to follow:

  • Need to configure Drupal 6 - get it working!
  • I will need to update using CVS at some point, which should now be more straightforward;
  • The Denver theme will have to go as it is not yet D6 compatible;
  • then - carry over the new files and CSS from Drupal 5 -> 6.
I still have in mind to use Drupal with CVS through Eclipse.

As expected there are some videos on the new features of Drupal 6 - internationalization and localization. I'd better start checking things out closer to home...

Stumble Upon Toolbar